THE BEFORE MATH OF EVENT
When I got notification email from indiblogger team regarding the event by BigROCK – Word up, I was excited and yes thrilled for two reasons, 1) The theme of the event was about blogging, DIY and SEO and 2) the venue – BLUE FROG which is quite a happening place when it comes to live events!!
So, after few days when the event timing was set and I got the schedule by email, I was like what !! 10 am in the morning, I rechecked and confirmed and ya it was 10.00 am, so I was all prepared for Saturday mentally to shuffle my schedule a little and be there by 10.00 am.
Just before the event day, got a notification that from the 50 early birds who register first to the event stands a chance to win a Moto G, wow !! so it was like we have to there and be in the top 50 to stand a chance.
The EVENT Day – Pre-event activities
Me and some of blogger friends tagged up and headed towards Lower Parel , Blue Frog where the event was, we all were greeted by a welcoming team of Indiblogger and fellows from BigROCK for the registration and event activities, just missed the registration and participation for standing a chance to win Moto G.
It was an all day event, starting off with breakfast, we were offered a host of varieties such as tea, coffee, sandwiches and stuff in breakfast!
The INDIBLOGGER BAND Performance:
Just as we were sipping some tea and hanging out and chit chatting before the event could start, we were pleasantly surprised by the Indiblogger band performance, we were called up to the center and we cheered and sang along with Indi Band, my favorite host at Indiblogger Anoop was on Guitars and Nihal was the lead vocalist, and one flew from Philippines she was on drums and one more masked guitarist was there, he was the show stealer actually for his mask and mysterious outfit, on the other hand Vineet, Shweta and Renie the other Core members of Indiblogger team were not far behind as some of them were clicking photos like pro and others cheering their heart out, it was the first time that I discovered that the Indiblogger team are also creative with music instruments and vocals, was a treat to ears and eyes ;)..
A Briefing By CEO at BigROCK :-
It was short brief about BigROCK and how the company has grown over the years with its products and services for a vast immerging Indian hunger for domains as people are getting more aware about the positive outcome of having a website and the brand or product value it gives when showcase online.
BigROCK not only helps register a domain but also has a user friendly website designer which preliminary helps newbie launch their website hassle free and in a more convenient manner. Also they have recently launched the .me domain which is fast picking pace with youth and budding bloggers J
A Light Talk by Mr. Vinit Goenka
The Event started off with a brief speech By Mr. Vinit Goenka, National Co- Convener, BJP IT Cell, he is instrumental in the BJP social media affairs . He conveyed that as a party they are all ears to suggestion, information and critics and their endeavor is to further improve the communication with the common man and reach to everyone and know their grievances and notice it to the higher authority or the concern departments.
Speakers and their Presentations
My Take on his presentation are:
1) Came to know about various form factors under which blogs are showcased
2) About the Adsense and ads segment for bloggers and how to approach or negotiate with bidders, marketer and promoter.
3) Why wordpress is better than other platforms, such as blogger, tumblr, flickr, and etc
My Take on his presentation are:
1) His journey which lead to Youthkiawaz to international level.
2) Keep a track on your passion, it may be the next big thing
3) His approach towards his thoughts and how he converted a part time site into a full fledge information source and shout box for the youth.
4) Knowing some insites on how-to being able to fight the path to achieve.
Lakshmi Rebecca tea chat with Sunit Singh:
My Take on the Chat:
1) How Video-logs are the new trend setters in youtube and other video hosting sites.
2) The concept of Chai and chat merging to a success.
3) The journey which lead to Chai with Lakshmi.
4) How this first initiative of Chai with Lakshmi lead to other projects!
Sunit Singh on a brief about the following:
1) Design of a blog or website keeping in perspective readers view other than your likes and dislikes.
2) How important it is for the blog design to adapt to various screen such as a desktop PC, Tablet, phablet, phones and its readability.
3) Importance of grabbing the reader’s attention in crucial 3 secs J when he lands to the website/blog.
After a smashing 1st half of the event day, some gyan and lots of cracking info and life changing stories, it was time for lunch ,it was a buffet, lots of yummy delights and variety in starters, main course and desserts, food overall was good.
Post Lunch Event:
Some Interesting segments about the presentation:
1) Blogging is not only limited to certain frills, but is a integral part of online content, respect what you are!
2) How his life changed when he considered his hobby his career, a inspiring tale.
3) Learning is endless and discovering is the tool to acquire!
After a intense and long session, there was this next speaker who was all bonkers and humorous:
CV Krishna, who seems a serious person with bulk load of experience in development consultation, was all humor with his talks and humor satire pattern more towards topics related to politics, sports, the unreal time as he and his fellows named it, the site offer loads of funny take on political situation and statements and quite innovative with the sense of comic timing, had fun!
It was some more fun and chit chat with the next speaker:
Parsi in the house, she was all heart out chatting about her love for fashion and how she went mainstream with it! Quite jolly and sporty Sherry as they call her went big while she was a regularly Vblogging her fashion channel on youtube and started building this up to be a more prominent internet figure in fashion ! She shared her views about blogging and how it gives a way of being more free and light headed if pursue with passion !
He means business when it came to blogging and technicalities related to blogging, was quite a amazing session in regards to SEO DIY, some of the highlights of his presentation included:
1) Major mistakes blogger or newbie do while creating their website or blog and how to be more profound with small technicalities which could make a break a sites image online
2) How to on being more search engine friendly when it came to coding and plugins related to blogging.
3) Some insightful tools and hacks which can shoot you from zero to hero in the mainstream blogging and search engine arena.
Trained by a Japanese master in Sri Lanka, she is on a mission to serve better tea ! sounds interesting, so on is her love for story telling Tea Trunk and Story ninja is her 2 initiative which she pursues !
Some of the many aspects about tea and storytelling she shared were:
1) How her passions for tea lead her to the tea hub in Sri Lanka.
2)Story Building – Understanding the “YOU connect”
3) Sharing the 7 basic story plot
I) Star Trek – Ovefrcoming the monster
II) Lord of the Rings – The Quest
III)The Wizard of OZ – Voyage and return
IV) War and Peace – Comedy
V) Hamlet – Tragedy
VI) Cinderella – Rags to Riches
VII) Sleeping Beauty – Rebirth
This was the last of the sessions and then came Bhavish Ailani, he is a stand-up comedian, he tickled our funny bones and made us laugh till we start rolling on the floor (I guess ya).
Beginning of the end
After this all the speakers were facilitated by BigROCK team and then all the winner were announce and prizes for different sort of contest were distributed, some of the contest were as mentioned above the 50 early bird contest, then there were twitter contest in which the best tweet in each session won some goodies and then there were many other contest, don’t remember them all.
Before we headed back home, Indiblogger team made us assemble and did some head banging (literally) and then a group photo to top it all up!
For me being in Indiblogger meet is always a learning curve and an interactive module with like headed people and so much to learn each time, so much more still to achieve! Thanks Indiblogger team for making such events happen and believing in the power of Blogging and networking!!