As humans – in the course of evolution, we have stepped out of our habitat to explore on a numerous front and thus we learnt with time that we are great innovators, we can create things from nature’s resources provided to us.
Traveling sounds absolutely fascinating, doesn’t it!?! Personally, I love traveling.I like to discover and understand various cultures, learn more about their lifestyle and off course different cuisines are very alluring to a FOODIE like me ! There’s lots of traveling left to do in this world we are living in. Though I have not got the opportunity to travel across the globe, but my endeavor to do so very soon!!
I shall share one of my truly memorable travel experiences. This was in the month of October 2015, I travelled with three of my along with 3 of my friends. We decided to go adventurous!!! We decided to explore Leh Ladakh ! YES…!!!
We were flying from Mumbai to Chandigarh and back off course, we had our flight booked with Jet Airways as this portal always has some offer or campaign going on and we got to grab onto one great deal, apart from having a good and friendly experience.
WE decided to hit the road from Chandigarh via Manali to Leh because it’s the best part of the journey. The rough and adventurous ride to Leh was one of the major reasons to travel, apart from the soothing and refreshing time we could get in LEH.
The major highlights of the trip were:
1) Riding at the famous magnetic hill (from Kargil to Leh)
2) Riding with thrill on the world’s second highest road at Khardung La, at an altitude of more than 18,000 feet, it’s especially popular amongst bikers.
3) Tourist spots we visited during the trip were –
- The 400-year-old Jama Masjid
- The ancient Leh Palace, from the balconies of the palace you can see entire town of Leh.
- Shanti Stupa is a Buddhist white domed Stupa (is a mound-like or hemispherical structure containing relics (śarīra – typically the remains of Buddhist monks or nuns), which looks glorious and make you feel you are someplace outside this world – just sharing my personal view.
- We also went for river rafting, kayaking, trekking, and hiking.
- We did some shopping as well, though the prices were really steep; there certainly were some exquisite artifacts, woolen shawls and jackets, carpets, and silver jewelry with different gemstones to offer.
- We had the local cuisine as well, even though there are numerous restaurants with multi cuisine, the locality had a different and interesting taste to offer.
Leh is truly a naturally gifted wonder, which doesn’t have a mark on its beauty, fresh clean air, splendid mountains, beautiful sites and much more to be re-discovered, I shall have you to find out more about LEH yourself on your expedition.
Overall I had a wonderful experience along with amazing memories that will be with me to cherish for years and years to come.
2 thoughts on “Memorable Trip to Leh Ladakh – A memoir”
Blogging is good to revive a memory left far behind ain’t it? It’s great to read, what you have experienced there. Leh is a place, where I intend to go, but that’s happening since 2010. And your post has just pushed me further to be there. Thanks Burhan 🙂
Very well written, your way of writing is so engaging that it last impression on the reader’s mind and force them to take an action, in this case I’m very eager to visit Leh.